The Capital Area Library District offers services and resources to library staff to aid in the further development of public libraries in our area.
Various Training/Continuing Education Opportunities:
See this calendar for upcoming free webinars from a variety of organizations. Please note that the Capital Area District is an organizational member of PANO (Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations); if there is a webinar provided by PANO that you are interested in, we qualify for the discount rate across the district (these are usually webinars with a fee). Please contact your District Consultant for the member information for registration.
The state of PA, through the Office of Commonwealth Libraries is a participating partner for WebJunction. Hundreds of webinars and recorded trainings and presentation handouts on topics relevant to libraries can be found here at this site. Here are a few examples:
- Active Shooter Procedures for Libraries
- Trauma Informed Services in the Library: Understanding and Serving our Community
- Wikipedia Training Curriculum
Other opportunities available:
- blackbaud On Demand webinars:
- CreativeLive: free live online classes
- edX.org provides a variety of courses online, available for free
- Budgeting & Finance For Public Libraries
- Becoming a Successful Leader
- Analyzing & Visualizing Data with Excel
- Leading with Effective Communication (Inclusive Leadership Training)
- Introduction to Marketing: Tools to Set Enterprises Apart
- Customer Relationship Management
- Introduction to Project Management
- Grant Space Free Online Workshops
- Infopeople has a great website with free course modules
- Library Learning & Creation Center
- Skillsoft is another great resource for free courses
- Volunteermatch.org also provides free webinars
- GCF Learn Free.org: a program that creates and provides quality online learning opportunities for anyone who wants to improve their technology, literacy, or math skills.