The Capital Area Library District provides resources to its member libraries, including:
- District Loans – The ability to easily share the collection of the Dauphin County Library System – your district library center – and the other libraries in our district through library self-mediated district loans.
- Interlibrary Loan – Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a cooperative borrowing and lending service that a library uses to obtain items for a patron by borrowing or copying them from other libraries. ILL is funded by state aid to District Library Centers. The ILL assistant manages ILL transactions.
- Online Resources – Access to online resources, provided via remote access to patrons of your library.
- Professional Collection – A specialized collection of resources for continuing education and project research for library professionals, trustees, and support staff.
- Reference – One of the roles of a District Library Center is to provide advanced reference service and to maintain an enhanced collection of materials available to assist with detailed reference questions.
- Youth Services – Act as liasion for statewide youth initiatives
- Statewide Library Card – Information about the Statewide Library Card program that makes any AccessPA library your patron’s home library.