Dauphin County Library System (DCLS) is a District Library Center designated by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries Bureau of Library Development (OCL) to take a leadership role in coordinating library services and promoting the development of quality libraries. DCLS and its participating public libraries form the Capital Area Library District, a service area containing:
- 3 Counties: Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry
- 24 Locations (22 libraries or branches and 2 adminstrative offices)
- 15 Library Boards of Trustees
- 6 Fully Independent Libraries
- 1 Consolidated System with 8 library service locations
- 1 Federated System with 8 library service locations
Please see the directory of libraries for a full list of library locations.