Face to Face classes are on hold due to the Coronavirus. Please check out our online options instead.
FACE TO FACE TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
The Capital Area Library District provides various ways for staff members to meet, grow, and learn. New opportunities are always being added.
- The District Learning & Development Consultant creates and delivers trainings and workshops on a variety of skills and subjects.
- External presenters offer sessions corresponding with their expertise.
- Multi-district workshops offer day-long opportunities for learning and networking with professionals from across the state.
REQUEST A FACE-TO-FACE TRAINING
Training sessions led by the District Learning & Development Consultant are scheduled on an as-requested basis. If you have staff interested in a topic, please reach out to Kerri to let her know. Trainings can occur with a blend of employees from different locations or in an adapted format at your staff meeting.
The following workshops are open for registration to all staff within the Capital Area Library District.
February 3 & 10, 2021 Self Care and Vicarious Trauma Workshop with Tracee Yawger registration coming soon
Spring 2021 Virtual RA for ALL Workshop with Becky Spratford; registration coming soon
Topics Currently Available
Multi-library gatherings or staff meetings:
- LearningExpress Library and
Job-Hunting Resources (3 hours)
- Genealogy Crash Course (3 hours)
- Libby and OverDrive (1.5 or 3 hours)
- Empathy-Driven Customer Service (4 hours)
- Introduction to Gale Resources (30 minutes)
Staff Meetings Only:
- Gale "Escape Room" (50 minutes)
- Let's Talk Books: Mini Reader's Advisory (45 minutes)
- eReader Petting Zoo / Which App Do I Use (Timing Flexible)
- Teambuilding Exercises (Timing Flexible)